Important Service Announcement for 2011 SR22T and SR22 TURBO Owners
Cirrus Aircraft Service Announcement
November 23, 2011
In the importance of aircraft safety and management, Cirrus Aircraft announces the following for select aircraft:
Earlier this year, Cirrus and Continental Motors (CMI) identified a potential issue associated with the starter drive adaptor assembly installed on our SR22T and SR22 TURBO aircraft. While the issue was previously thought to have been addressed, recent data from the field of the same assembly on non-Cirrus aircraft indicate otherwise. Slight misalignment of the internal shaft is suspected to cause side loading and lead to premature fatigue failure at low hours.
· SR22T TSIO-550K engines assembled by CMI from January 1, 2011 to November 22, 2011 with less than 100 Hobbs hours are affected.
· SR22TN aircraft that replaced or disassembled its starter drive adaptor assembly during this time period are also affected.
Affected aircraft will require complete replacement of the assembled unit from CMI as follows:
· Less Than 75 Hobbs hours – no further flight until starter drive adaptor assembly is replaced.
· 75 Hobbs hours or more but less than 100 hours – 10 hours time is allowed to compliance.
· 100 Hobbs hours and greater – not affected.
An official Service Bulletin will be released today, and Cirrus will be directly contacting all potentially affected customers. If you would like more immediate information, contact us directly at +1.218.788.3000 or 800.921.2737.